Right on schedule, the time change has made me feel grouchy and peevish and seeping inertia. Even the election joy couldn’t squelch my winter blahs. Yuck. What I need is:
- A super exciting new project I don’t have to frog six times to get right
- To be finished with the fracking barn NOW so when George brings my sheepies on Sunday, they’ll have a finished house and we won’t have to be freaking them out with power tools
- A mild winter. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.
- The will to clean. I finally caught up with my menacing pile of dishes, but I’m quickly losing track of my kitchen again.
- Money. I’m broke again and winter’s freaking EXPENSIVE. I’m so not the ant. Why can’t I be the ant?
- The will to card. I can’t get it together. I’m finally sending out my OCTOBER club batts tomorrow. How lame is that? (They’re cute, though!)
- Some mad morning energy to help me take charge of my long to-do lists
- Finish my 2009 Calendar! I’m still fretting over the year, but I do know what I’m doing for the covers.
- Catch up with laundry & all my other chores
Here’s what’s good:
- I’m back on track with my monthly sweaters, thanks to two months with surplus sweaters.
- I’m making tons of soup!
- I’m burning through the old freezer leftovers like I’m on a mission
- I’m 1/3 through Ron’s Cobblestone
- I think I’m going to make several pinafore dresses for myself this winter.
I’ve finished the torso & Marilyn’s lending me a #7 16″ circular for the sleeves (my 7s have gone missing, as usual). There’s a strong bias, but the yarn’s not washed, so I’m hoping it will relax/correct a little. I swatched & washed the swatch & there was some bias. It blocked out, but it was too small to really get a sense of garment properties. But I’m hopeful.
After it’s done, I want to make myself one, or maybe a matching dress. I have a dress in progress, but I think it’s not long for this world. I have two cones of the stuff, so there should be plenty of yarn for all 3.
Afterwards, I’m making my Sanctuary sweater (or dress; we’ll see). I made the charts today with a demo of Knit Visualizer:
I think it’s more for traditional stitch charting and freeform colorwork charting. I was hoping it would chart alphabets for me, but I had to do them manually. I could maybe go for it if I started doing a lot more colorwork (or if the price came down).
I’m off to eat some lovely stew, but I’ll be back later to whine and/or show off the barn so far.