As I near the end of my stitch linen purgatory, I’m taking frequent breaks to avoid paralysis/madness.
But I have to admit I like its looks, and I think it will wear beautifully.
My current linen break is trying to organize the closet I destroyed looking for my pipe snake to battle the horrendous clog in our kitchen sink. To be fair, I destroyed the closet ages ago, but today I emptied half of it into the front lobby (I also emptied out two other closets in the fruitless search, but they’re not right outside my office, so I’m ignoring them). And since it’s on my list for the year anyway, I’m chipping away at it a little at a time to give my aching hands a rest. And because there’s nothing really good on the tivo. So far, I’ve found the expensive razor heads I’ve been missing since I moved from Austin, and my good tweezers!
Other craft-related goodies on this year’s list:
1. Make and hang curtain in laundry room
3. Find/fix my shams or make a new duvet set
10. Move top-loading washing machine upstairs to home ec room (felting & water removal)
33. Retally yarn stash and complete 40% yarn destash (use/sell/give) before any new purchases
4. Tally fiber stash and complete 30% fiber destash (use/sell/give) before any new purchases
38. Set up packing area & rig up an old computer/printer or get new one (etsy-related)
42. Organize home ec room (my craft room)
4. Reformat NN site so itâ€™s easier to find shit & looks cuter
45. Add gallery to NN site
46. Add books to Thrifty Knitter
67. Submit a new pattern quarterly
68. Update etsy weekly & post updates to lists
9. Finish and submit fabulous proposal with Adrian
70. Motorize one of my carders
86. Spring Yarn School
87. Fall Yarn School
88. Make a Yarn School 2007 contact page
101. Spinstersâ€™ Club
102. Dirty Needles projects
103. Knit a sweater a month
104. Knit a scarf panel a day!
105. Make a rug
106. Make mom a sweater like she wants
107. Finish or frog all old WIP
For 107, I’m digging out all the UFOs and assessing them. Here’s one I’m definitely finishing, assuming I can get my hands onÂ more yarn. So far, I’ve had not luck spinning my own. The colors are always just a tad off. I’m afraid I’ll have to add some contrast trim along the sleeves and hem. I really didn’t want to have extra attention drawn to the hipline. I think I’ll go pester Vera again. Maybe I’ll get lucky.