Inspired by my relative success at my last stashalong, I’ve decided to sign on for 3 more months, yee haw! This round will end February 16.
My goal is to get my whole yarn stash to fit in my yarn cabinet only, no overflow in the lockers (I live in an old school building) or cupboards. Overflow in bowls on the counter is fine, because they’re pretty.
1. Make up a Christmas knitting list by Thanksgiving.
2. Knit 20 new things!
FINISHED: raglan sweater variation of bondage onsie
one skein single cable scarf
IN PROGRESS: on skein single cable scarf of recycled Target hat yarn
3. Finish or unravel all outstanding projects. I failed last time.
4. Eliminate net 10 more pounds of yarn (make stuff/sell). I’ve got over 15# set aside to unload, plus I plan to knit a good deal.
10.5 oz sox pd
17.5 oz marl la & softwist pd
21 oz marl la & novella pd
7 oz sock garden pd
7 oz fur pending
24.5 oz fuzzi felt & voyou pd
17.5 kuka and primo pd
6 lb 2 oz PD (+ 7 oz pending)
Gave to Ron’s grandma:
19.5 oz bling bling
1 lb 3.5 oz
17.5 oz Berkshire onsie sweater
3.5 Cashmerino scarf
1 lb 5 oz
Total to date: 8 lb 10.5 oz VERY GOOD!! I’m not even a month in. Plus, I just culled my stash again & I’m about to send an updated sale list to my fiber lists.
5. Buy no new yarn for personal use. So far, so good. But I did ask Santa for some.
6. Buy no new spinning fiber for personal use. Ditto that.
7. Card all alpaca fleece. No progress yet.
8. $25/month allowance for any tools/books/fiber. So far, so good.
9. Eliminate 10 pounds of spinning fiber (spin/sell). Yarn that I spin is exempt from #3. No progress yet.
10. Teach a community knitting class or organize a charity knitting/crochet drive.
11. Organize my fiber stash. No progress yet.
12. Review list weekly and post any successes, to keep me motivated.
Final Progress Report: 7 successess, 3 close but no banana, 1 glaring failure.
Goal: 3 months, 15 finished objects, 20 pounds, 11 rules!
I’m officially recommitting to the stashalong. This time, I am going to be actively de-stashing, not just avoiding purchasing new yarn. I’m signing up for 3 months, starting today and ending November 15. My goals/rules are:
1. Knit/crochet 15 new things. SUCCESS!
2 handspun hats
2 crocheted capelets
2 crocheted cloches
1 baby cap
1 My Little Pony hat
1 pair Sock Wars socks
1 Red Scarf campaign scarf
2 cotton dishrags
2 Thrifty Critters
2 Shojo Beat Katamari earmuffs
1 bachelorette crown/veil
1 Debil Zevil Hat
2. Finish or unravel all outstanding projects. FAILURE!
Unraveled 3 projects; finished Alterknits rug. But balked when I found 2 more bins of incompletes. Next round!
3. Eliminate net 10 pounds of yarn (make stuff/sell). SUCCESS! 15#+ total, thanks to an 11th hour destash ploy. I sold a 6# box of oddball yarn for $15 including shipping, pretty much assuring my last-minute success. I’ll make like $2 off it after shipping, but someone will have much fun
4. Buy no new yarn for personal use. CLOSE! Bought 20 oz yarn that was loosely related to Yarn School, but spiritually for personal use. No other personal acquisitions.
5. No more fleece! SUCCESS!
6. Buy no new spinning fiber for personal use. SUCCESS!
7. Wash or send to be processed all my raw fleece. SUCCESS!
8. $30/month allowance for any tools/books/fiber. SUCCESS! Hard to calculate because of Yarn School, but almost no strictly personal purchases, so I think I’m pretty solid here, and I’ll say success!
9. Eliminate 10 pounds of spinning fiber (spin/sell). Yarn that I spin is exempt from #3. CLOSE! 7.75# total.
10. Knit/crochet something for charity. SUCCESS! Yay! Red Scarf!
11. Review list weekly and post any successes, to keep me motivated. CLOSE. Not weekly, but every couple weeks, not too bad.